Peer-reviewed publications (elderly and cancer) (see also Pubmed)
Bergman L, Kluck HM, van Leeuwen FE, Crommelin MA, Dekker G, Hart AA, Coebergh JW.
The influence of age on treatment choice and survival of elderly breast cancer patients in south-eastern Netherlands: a population-based study.Eur J Cancer. 1992;28A(8-9):1475-80.
Coebergh JW. Significant trends in cancer in the elderly. Eur J Cancer. 1996 Apr;32A(4):569-71.
Ververs JM, Roumen RM, Vingerhoets AJ, Vreugdenhil G, Coebergh JW, Crommelin MA, Luiten EJ, Repelaer van Driel OJ, Schijven M, Wissing JC, Voogd AC. :Risk, severity and predictors of physical and psychological morbidity after axillary lymph node dissection for breast cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2001 May;37(8):991-9.
Post PN, Hansen BE, Kil PJ, Janssen-Heijnen ML, Coebergh JW. The independent prognostic value of comorbidity among men aged < 75 years with localized prostate cancer: a population-based study. BJU Int. 2001;87:821-6.
Houterman S, Janssen-Heijnen ML, Verheij CD, Louwman WJ, Vreugdenhil G, van der Sangen MJ, Coebergh JW. Co-morbidity has negligible impact on treatment and complications but influences survival in breast cancer patients. Br J Cancer 2004;90:2332-7.
Koppert LB, Janssen-Heijnen ML, Louwman MW, Lemmens VE, Wijnhoven BP, Tilanus HW, Coebergh JW. Comparison of co-morbidity prevalence in oesophageal and gastric carcinoma patients: a population-based study. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2004;16:681-8.
Janssen-Heijnen ML, Houterman S, Lemmens VE, Louwman MW, Coebergh JW. :Age and co-morbidity in cancer patients: a population-based approach. Cancer Treat Res. 2005;124:89-107.
Louwman WJ, Janssen-Heijnen ML, Houterman S, Voogd AC, van der Sangen MJ, Nieuwenhuijzen GA, Coebergh JW. Less extensive treatment and inferior prognosis for breast cancer patient with comorbidity: a population-based study. Eur J Cancer. 2005;41:779-85.
Louwman WJ, Aarts MJ, Houterman S, van Lenthe F, Coebergh JW, Janssen-Heijnen MLG. A 50% higher prevalence of life-shortening conditions among cancer patients with low socio-economic status. Br J Cancer 2010; 103: 1742-48.
EU Eurocadet : 2005-2009 (coordinator)
- FP 6: Estimate impact of cancer prevention across Europe, including the barriers: dept Public Health at Erasmus MC Rotterdam; EU 6th framework: www.eurocadet.org. Special issue of Eur J Cancer 2010: Implementing Cancer Prevention in Europe
- FP7: Eurocourse (ERA-Net program) coordinator : best practices of cancer registries with respect to privacy, evaluation of mass screening, clinical care and biobanks (2009-2012) www.eurocourse.org
Obtained as PI since 2000 from Dutch Cancer Society
- 2005-2009: Co-morbidity: prevalence and prognostic value in cancer. Study of frequency and impact of co-morbidity on breast, colorectal, prostate, lung cancer and lymphomas.
- 2007-2011: Progress against cancer in the Netherlands since 1975: comprehensive analysis of trends (and variation) in incidence, stage –distribution, survival and mortality for the various tumours
- 2006-2009: Improve quality of colorectal cancer and impact on mortality (VE Lemmens)
- 2007-2010: Cancer in the elderly: studies of treatment policy and survival of patients with colon, rectal cancer, non-Hodgkin lymphoma and small cell lung cancer (M Janssen-Heijnen)
- 2008-2012: Trends in multiple primary cancer in the Netherlands, since 1989 (I Soerjomataram)
- 2010-2012: Conditional survival of cancer in the Netherlands (M Janssen-Heijnen)
Obtained from Health Care Research (ZonMW, the Hague)
- 2006-10: Cost-effectiveness of scalp cooling during chemotherapy
10. 2009-12: Quality of life of LT survivors with hematological malignancies
11. 2009-12: Patterns of care and cost-effectiveness of treatment of hematological malignancies
12. 2009-11: Methodological aspects of cancer registries for cost-effectiveness studies