On going Clinical trials / research
- A descriptive study of nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) in low and middle income countries: Determinants of delays in diagnosis and treatment in NPC. International collaborative study with INCTR 2010.
- Epidemiologic, Clinical and Socio-economic aspects of breast Cancer in the Ethnic Population of Sarawak, Malaysia. It’s a descriptive, retrospective and prospective study on breast cancer looking at demographics, clinical and socioeconomic aspects of breast cancer in our population. Grant awarded by GSK ERI 2008.
- Principal Investigator for Multicenter, randomized, double blind, Phase III trial on stage IIIB/IV NSCLC to investigate the efficacy and safety of oral BIBF 1120 plus standard pemetrexed therapy compared to placebo plus standard pemetrexed therapy (LUME 2).
- Co-Investigator on Multicenter study on “Phase III randomized trial comparing topical application of natural honey versus placebo versus best supportive care in the management of radiation mucositis among patient undergoing radical radiotherapy for nasopharyngeal cancer under IAEA Grant 2008.
- Principal Investigator on a Study on “Elderly Cancer patients: the intent to treat is it radical or palliative” department’s research project for 2008.
- Principle Investigator for Sarawak for Treatment Outcome Database for Cancer Cervix in Malaysia – 2007.
- Principal Investigator for Sarawak for a randomized, parallel group, open-label, active controlled, multicenter Phase III trial of Patupilone versus peglylated liposomal doxorubicin in taxane/platinum refractory/resistant patients with recurrent epithelial ovarian, primary fallopian or primary peritoneal cancer -2006.
- Co-leader for the FNCA project on “Radiation therapy of Stage 111B Cervical Cancer and Nasopharyngeal cancer for Asians: Report and Guideline from the Cooperative Trials”- January 2006.
- PI for Sarawak in the ongoing multi center collaborative study with the International Agency for Research on Cancer in Lyon, France on the genetic study of familial Nasopharyngeal cancer – year 2002.